Kolkata Chilli Chicken
Featured in Featuring Kolkata King
Chilli chicken is the Indo-Chinese substitute to the traditional Indian chicken curry. Kolkata King will give you that authentic flavour in a jiffy.
FOR 2-3 people SERVINGS
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- oil for frying
- 3 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 tbsp green onion (chopped)
- 1 capsicum ( liced)
- ½ onion (sliced)
- 4 tbsp Kolkata King (schezwan) – Master Chow
- Wash the chicken well, cut into bite sized cubes and place in a bowl for marination. Add ½ whisked egg, pinch of salt and crushed garlic to the chicken.
- Heat oil for frying. Take each piece, coat it with corn flour and fry on low heat. Take the chicken out just before it turns brown. Keep aside
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add onions and capsicum, stir fry for 2 minutes. In a small bowl make a paste of 1tsp corn flour with water.
- Add 4 tbsp of Kolkata King with 2 tbsp of water to the pan. Cook on high heat. Add the corn flour paste while stirring to thicken the sauce.
- Add fried chicken to the pan once the sauce is thick. Mix till all the pieces are coated well.
- Garnish with some green onions and serve hot.
- Happy Chow-ing! Or Chow Down!