Featured in Black Bean Dip
Scallion pancakes are a popular street food from china served as breakfast or snack. These have a crispy, flaky texture and taste too good with Black Bean Dip.
FOR 2-3 People SERVINGS
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting work surface
- 1 cup boiling water
- Up to 1/4 cup toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced scallions
- Black bean dip- Masterchow
- Combine flour and water until dough is formed and let it sit for 15 minutes. Knead a lot.
- Divide dough into four even pieces and shape each into a smooth ball. Working one ball at a time, roll out into a disk roughly 8-inches in diameter on a lightly floured surface. Using a pastry brush, paint a very thin layer of sesame oil over the top of the disk. Roll disk up like a jelly roll, then twist roll into a tight spiral, tucking the end underneath. Flatten gently with your hand, then re-roll into an 8-inch disk.
- Paint with another layer of sesame oil, sprinkle with 1/2 cup scallions, and roll up like a jelly roll again. Twist into a spiral, flatten gently, and re-roll into a 7-inch disk. Repeat steps two and three with remaining dough balls.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook until golden brown.
- Serve hot with Masterchow’s Black bean dip
- Happy Chowing!